Skip to page content

Your next move

If this site has confirmed your interest in nursing and/or midwifery, then you need to find out more information about:


·     which higher education institutions run the diploma/ordinary degree courses, and which run the honours degree courses

·     which higher education institutions offer which branches of nursing courses and which types of midwifery programme

·     the minimum entrance qualifications or experience you might need to apply

·     which NHS Boards link with which higher education institutions for clinical/practical experience during the course

·     when the courses start and finish

·     how the courses are organised and how you will be assessed

·     the financial arrangements for bursaries

·     how to apply



The above information is available through the University websites


University Contact Details (doc)



When you decide what to apply for, and where, contact Universities and Colleges Admission Service (UCAS) for details on the application procedure