Skip to page content

How to Apply

How to apply for Pre-Registration nursing and midwifery programmes in Scotland

Courses in nursing or midwifery in Scotland are processed by Universities and Colleges Admission Service (UCAS), the organisation responsible for managing applications to higher education courses in the UK.

Courses Processed by UCAS

  • 3-year Degree courses in nursing - adult nursing; mental health nursing, learning disability nursing or childrens nursing
  • 4 year Honours Degree courses in nursing - adult and mental health
  • Shortened courses for Graduates
  • Conversion courses for Registered Nurses who wish to obtain qualification in a different area of practice
  • 3-year Degree Programmes in midwifery

Applications can be made through UCAS

Useful links: