C. difficile - A clinical Tutorial
We have developed educational solutions aimed at improving clinical practice and reducing the impact of healthcare associated infections in Scotland. The Clostridium difficile: online learning tutorial is one such solution
Registration and Access
This course is provided by learnPro. Further information about registration and access can be found at our learnPro information page.
This resource is provided for all Scottish NHS and non-NHS health and social care staff. It is also available for students in Scottish Higher or Further Education Institutions.
The programme is aimed at the following practitioners
Consultant level physicians, surgeons and clinical scientists, Specialist Training Doctors, Foundation Year Doctors, Infection control teams, Infection control nurses,Antimicrobial management teams, Antimicrobial pharmacists and Specialist nurses
Once you have completed this online tutorial you will:
- have a basic understanding of the biology and natural history of C. difficile
- have an appreciation of the nature of the patients who are susceptible to developing C. difficile infections (CDI) disease
- have an understanding of the spectrum of disease and its presentations
- have an understanding of how CDI is caused
- have a knowledge of how CDI is diagnosed
- have an appreciation of the epidemiology of C. difficile
- have an appreciation of the changing prevalence and patterns of CDI
- have a good understanding of how CDI can be prevented
- have the best up-to-date knowledge of how patients with CDI are managed, including the most appropriate therapies
The anticipated learning time for this tutorial is one hour. The assessment comprises multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. On completion of the course you can print off a record of learning as evidence for your portfolio or training record.
Resource launched 2010, last reviewed late 2014.