C. difficile - A Clinical Scenario
We have developed educational solutions aimed at improving clinical practice and reducing the impact of healthcare associated infections in Scotland. The Clostridium difficile online clinical scenario course is one such solution.
Registration and Access
This course is provided by learnPro. Further information about registration and access can be found at our learnPro information page.
This resource is provided for all Scottish NHS and non-NHS health and social care staff. It is also available for students in Scottish Higher or Further Education Institutions.
The target group for this online training course includes a wide range of clinical practitioners and healthcare workers involved in the management of C. difficile
- Doctors at consultant, SpR and Foundation Level
- Infection control managers
- Infection control nurses
- Specialist nurses
- Clinical staff with an interest in the management of patients with C.difficile.
The course will cover the
risk factors for C. difficile infection (CDI);
- recognition and diagnosis of CDI including clinical signs & symptoms and testing;
- appropriate clinical management of CDI including antibiotic prescribing;
- infection control measures required to prevent transmission of C. difficile;
- current guidance on the surveillance of CDI.
The anticipated learning time for this tutorial is one hour. The assessment comprises multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. On completion of the course you can print off a record of learning as evidence for your portfolio or training record.
Resource launched 2009, last reviewed late 2014.