Healthcare Associated Infections
The Healthcare Associated Infection (HAI) team lead the educational elements of the Scottish Government's HAI delivery plan on the Prevention and Control of Infection.
The HAI education team is responsible for providing educational resources to support health and social care staff working in acute, community, care home/residential housing and care at home services in Scotland with educational courses on Infection Prevention and Control, Decontamination of Re-usable Medical Devices and Antimicrobial Prescribing, Management and Stewardship. The HAI team has a multi-disciplinary focus and has strong alignment with both health protection and patient safety and clinical skills.
Get the latest news
You can keep up-to-date with all the latest developments on the HAI News page or by subscribing to the bi-monthly HAI E-bulletin using the box on the right hand side of the page.
Strands of Work
The HAI Team provide a comprehensive suite of resources and our stands of work include Educational Programmes, Online Short Courses and Training Resources. Online programmes and short courses are available to health and social care staff in Scotland via learnPro.
The HAI resource flyer (spring 2017) details the extensive range of education and training resources available. There is also a stand alone matrix which matches the resources to the target audience groups based on job roles, which may be of assistance when planning local training sessions for staff or identifying training needs for Personal Development Plans.
Evaluation of the impact in practice of educational resources is an important element of the HAI educational programme provision and examples are hightlighted on the Impact and Evaluation webpage.
- NES Health Protection education and resources
- Scottish Government HAI Taskforce
- Healthcare Improvement Scotland (HIS)
- Health Protection Scotland (HPS)
- Health Facilities Scotland (HFS)
- Care Inspectorate
- Scottish Care
- Scottish Antimicrobial Prescribing Group (SAPG)
- Infection Prevention Society (IPS)
- Tissue Viability Toolkit Online (HIS)
- Infection Prevention Society Outcome Competances
- Patient Safety Educational Resources Leaflet
- Little Things Make a Big Difference
- Promoting continence for people living with dementia and long term conditions